In Dec 2011, some likeminded friends, residents of Defence Housing Authority Islamabad, undertook to serve humanity by reaching out to the marginalized segments of society. The initiative soon changed into action and work started in Jan 2012. By Mar 2012 the Trust was registered with Sub Registrar Islamabad as ‘Karwan e Falah Trust’.
Seek Allah Almighty’s benevolence by serving humanity.
Serve humanity, by reaching out to the remote parts of Pakistan, and furnish their basic needs. Beginning with individuals, take on families and then culminate with the whole communities. Rather than being restrictive, adopt a broad based approach by addressing the basic problems being faced by a person not so privileged and/or marginalized.
(1) Provide free primary medical care and medicines to the marginalized/unprivileged segment of society by reaching out to them.
(2) Facilitate medical treatment of the poor in tertiary hospitals.
(3) Provide social service and sustenance support to the senior citizens, widows and disabled person.
(4) Establish and rehabilitate the destitute through non refundable micro financing in fields of their choosing and aptitude.
(5) Help and facilitate deserving students and educational institutions in their genuine efforts.
(6) Provide emergency relief and support to the needy in calamites and disasters.
(7) Provide food and clothing to the poor and needy by establishing clothing banks and food points.
(8) Create awareness by imparting rudimentary religious knowledge of basic tenets/practices of Islam, health and hygiene and mundane legal affairs.
(9) Address discrimination in all its forms and work beyond gender, caste, creed and religion.
What we Do
Presently we do the following and hope to expand: –
(1) Twice a month establish a medical camp in a village around Rawalpindi/Islamabad.
(2) Once a month provide ration packs to pre selected families.
(3) Make arrangements and/or provide funds to individuals in starting a rozgar.
(4) Provide scholarship to deserving students.
(5) Distribute clothing items.
(6) Arrange free iftar cum dinner for about 600 persons during Ramazan.
(7) Provide medical treatment including artificial limbs.
(8) Provide sewing machines, wheel chairs etc.
(9) Distribute lunch packets every week to 500 persons.
(10) Distribute specially prepared booklets on tenets of Islam in English and Urdu.